Friday, September 6, 2013

Pricky, but Pretty!

I saw some cute framed pinecones around the Pinterest world and decided I needed to give it a shot!
This is so simple, yet so festive.



When we were at my mom's last week, we found a handful of pinecones. Eli helped me gather them up. I can't wait to use them around the house and with crafts for the kiddos!

This was a fast little project that only took me a few minutes during nap time.

 



All you need is some burlap, twine, a pinecone, and a painted picture frame.
My frame was already painted so I just had to add the fall decor.



 First, I cut out about a 2 1/2 inch strip of burlap leftover from another project. You could also use the burlap sold on the roll.
Fold your burlap in half and tie together with twine. This will help keep your bow centered.
Then comes the bow part....this was the hardest part for me. I am a huge perfectionist, so this took me a few tries to make it look right. I didn't tie the bow like you would a shoe...instead I found making two loops and crossing the extra burlap to the other side worked best.

Wrap some more twine around the center to hold everything in place.



 Glue or tie your burlap bow on your frame. I tied mine so I can reuse my frame after fall.



Wrap some twine around your pinecone. Then thread it to the middle of the bottom...or top...?...the widest part of the pinecone! ;)


 Add a little hot glue and attach the pinecone to the desired height on frame.



And your done!



 Have you done any fall pinecone projects lately? Let me know, I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...