Friday, March 21, 2014

Coconut Oil Play Dough

All I have to say is coconut oil!
I was looking at different play dough recipes that looked easy, I had all of the ingredients and had good reviews
I stumbled upon a couple recipes that used coconut oil and I immediately decided whatever recipe I used it would have coconut oil in it. We love coconut oil over at our house. My husband enjoys poking fun at me- I'm alway suggesting coconut oil to cure everything! 



This one was fast and easy and my little ones were excited to help! I combined a couple of recipes and came up with this:



1c. Flour
1c. Water
1/4 c. salt
 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
3 Tablespoons baking soda
Food coloring (your color of choice)


Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
 

 Don't forget some cute little helpers!



Then stir over medium heat. The mixture will thicken and start to form a ball.



 Then comes the fun part! Knead the warm dough.

 (Did you notice those awesome counter tops- Don't they look great?! If you missed it, check out our Kitchen Counter Makeover post.)



And my little guy loved the smell too!


And there you go!  Get out those cookie cutters and divide among the kids.
Play dough keeps my kids busy for a long time and they love it! Play dough is a great sensory activity.


Store the homemade play dough in an air tight container with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.

Do you have any tried and true play dough recipes? Have you ever tried coconut oil in play dough? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...